Through various asset integrity disasters, the importance of Functional Safety is clear. Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) aids for the maintenance of the Oil & Gas Industry, as they use various approaches of alleviating hazardous scenarios by preventing and mitigating escalation. While performing Functional Safety studies, the objective is always to provide assurance that safety related systems offer adequate levels of risk reduction, achieving the required equipment protection.
Maplin provides assurance for functional safety by reviewing engineering design with the objective to:
· Decrease the likelihood of systematic failures
· Keep up with compliance with regulatory bodies
· Improve the overall process safety management
· Support improvement in safety culture
Our software tools are used primarily for Safety Integrity Level (SIL) and Layers of Protection (LOPA) studies.
Maplin is able to assist clients in the following:
· Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Workshops
· Functional Safety Assessments
· Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
· SIS Design
· Safety Requirements Specification Development
· Functional Safety Audits